jump to navigation

Microblogging and Mobile Interface January 7, 2009

Posted by simarprit in Uncategorized.
Tags: , , , ,
trackback

As I learn, I share –

What is it in reference to: Dil Khol Ke Bol – An India centric microblogging platform – http://DilKholKeBol.com

What was the challenge: To get the mobile interface for the microblogging site going quickly under Agile Software Development Methodology.

The team: Chavi and Nandita with Hitesh holding the integration fort.

Cycle Zero: In cycle zero, we had the interface going. As a UI it looked good, but was brain damaged. UX was a complete disaster. It took me 8 minutes to get a post of 140 characters going. We made the Cycle Zero live, very clear that we will tweak it and get it going.

  1. Cycle One: We compromised on the look and feel of UI, and also on some features, for instance from Mobile you can post only 120 characters currently. We implemented predictive typing and made downloading and going live very simple. It now takes just two minutes to get a 120 character message going.
    UX has improved from 2/10 to 8/10. It runs. We would work out and make it 10/10.

Cycle Two: To get the SMS interface going and to give an option of integrating SMS to Blogging interoperability

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: